St. Bernard High School – Westchester (1958-1961)
Southern California experienced unprecedented growth during the late 1950’s and 1960’s. Over 60,000 people per day were making the State their new home. This growth required opening new Catholic elementary and high schools. A new high school was planned for the area surrounding the Los Angeles airport.
Work on St. Bernard’s High School progressed and on September 22, 1958 225 boys and 220 girls started classes in the new building. Cardinal McIntyre requested the Brothers staff a new high school in Glendale, and the Brothers left St. Bernard’s at the end of the 1961 school year.