Mater Dei High School (1953-2005)
Mater Dei High School was established in 1949 as a Diocesan school to serve Orange County. The school was built on a 20 acre sight in Santa Ana and was originally intended as a school to be conducted by the Sisters of Charity.
In 1953, the Brothers were invited to join the faculty of Mater Dei. Brothers Livinus, Ignatius and Thomas ( just arrived from Ireland) pioneered the second foundation in California. The Brothers taught at Mater Dei from 1953 to 2005.